I came across my old journals, and decided to read through them, especially those entries I wrote back in freshman year. Here are some excerpts:
7 July 2002
"I find it fun not only because I've always wanted to be here but also because I feel a sense of independence already...I'm glad I'm learning how to balance my time and discipline myself. I know I really need time management and discipline in college, if I want to graduate in four years."
28 December 2002
"How come I do not have real friends now in my new school? ...Could I have suddenly turned into an introvert? ...I hope this is something that will lead to a better and not to a worse condition."
7 January 2003
"The Lord has finally answered my prayer! I'll be moving to a place just across school! Whew!"
9 January 2003
"I got bad grades for the 1st semester, and I really have to work extra hard this semester to pass the QPI requirement - it's that bad."
I found myself smiling after reading all those entries, and at the same time criticizing my own writing. Haha. All my prayers were answered, all my concerns remedied. I'm graduating after four years (the time management and discipline part I'm not so sure I achieved), I've got REAL friends (could there have been a more apt adjective?), I got to move and I love how the new place has given me so much freedom and yet served as an amazing sanctuary at the same time, and obviously I passed the QPI requirement! Thank God for answered prayers. :)
I also came across a peculiar entry I made a few months back:
30 July 2005
"And so it is reaffirmed. This is the end of it. Okay? As Yet's status goes: 'Don't be reckless with other people's hearts, don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.' That goes out to all the boys who just love breaking hearts."
Hahaha. It's been 7 months. That should have been the end of IT. Unbelievable.
==
"Ang daming bawal sa mundo
Sinasakal nila tayo
Buksan ang puso at isipan
Paliparin ang kamalayan..."
- Alapaap, Eraserheads
No comments:
Post a Comment