Sunday, March 19, 2006

stranger in disguise

I was at the adoration chapel earlier today, and this old man suddenly approached me and handed me a small card with photos of Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI. Behind it he wrote:

"For your future decisions - look at John 1, 3:16, 15:05, 19:31
'Lord, You will lead us to the path of life.' (Ps 16)"

I was certainly left in awe, because that was just what I was praying for - the choices I were to make in the near future, and the guidance I needed to make the right ones. I told him it was very timely for him to give such advice. He highlighted John 19:31, and related it to the Divine Mercy devotion. It all the more left me astounded since my Mom's an avid devotee of that specific prayer. God really does work in mysterious ways doesn't He?

==
"All things came to be through him, and without him nothing came to be. What came to be through him was life, and this life was the light of the human race; the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."
- John 1:3-5

No comments: