Saturday, October 18, 2008

rebirth

I'm not a big fan of first days. I enjoy the anticipation more, I guess.

The people are quite an interesting bunch. It's a fairly new team, most of them being there only 3-4 months on average. So we're all doing our own thing and trying to feel our way through. Top management seems to be very candid and encouraging, which I'm taking as a good sign. On our first team meeting, my responsibilities were mentioned 80% of the time! Talk about pressure. But with God's grace I know I'll get through.

I was watching Tyra earlier, and it was disturbing to see 15-year-olds taking fertility pills because they desperately want to have kids! And couple that with their persistence to get married, they say they're "ready". At FIFTEEN?! How can you even feed your kid?! And settling down, do you know what that means? Oh what a troubled world.

It was Alea's birthday bash last night, and we had a grand time. It's always so refreshing to be with the unicorns! My favorite Jose was there too, such fun! And then the nasty headache and intestinal unrest followed this morning, not fun at all. Planned to prepare for my trip next weekend, but my lethargic self just wouldn't budge.

==
"You make me laugh
You make me cry
I don't know which side to buy."
- 7 Things, Miley Cyrus

2 comments:

kimiicecream said...

you know it's always fun when Jose is there, and Jack and all the others! hahahahaha

Pauline said...

hahaha yes i agree! but jose is still my personal favorite :P