Thursday, March 16, 2006

letters

I said I was gonna start today, didn't I? So I did, with Yda's help since she woke me up anyway, in true teen movie fashion haha ;p (what's the soundtrack Quains?) I started with my books, notebooks, all the academic stuff. I found my Values notebook from 4th year high, and I was surprised to see notes on Plato and the idea of the good, Aristotle and virtue! Isn't that weird? As Yda was saying, "Ba't wala kang naalala?!" Typical me. I can't remember 80% of what I studied in high school, or was that play school? Sheesh. After the books, I sorted out the bags and clothes I rarely use, and we were able to seal two big boxes today! What an achievement! :) Thanks a lot for the help Yds! :)

After catching AI, I continued sorting out the humongous pile of letters, and I came across lots of funny and cheesy ones, way back from grade school and high school. I can't believe I brought all that with me! There were some about fighting barkadas, others about multiple crushes, then signed with our names followed by the last names of our high school hotties. Now that's cheesy! I found lots of letters from people I rarely get to talk to these days, and it makes me wonder how they're doing now. But the letters that surprised me the most were those from M. I don't even remember him giving me those letters, and I felt like I was reading them for the first time! Makes me realize how immature I was back then. It was weird reading them now, maybe because it helped me put the pieces together. Now I see Rizza's reading in a whole new perspective. Creepy.

Grad's next week, and I've got mixed emotions about it, just as everyone else has. It's sad to leave behind a place where I've spent four glorious years learning and living. But leaving doesn't always have to be a sad thing. I guess that's why we have to leave, to share what we learned, to let other people experience just how fabulous life can get. As the philo gods would always say, you gotta live it. :)

==
"I just knew that was the world I belonged to. It was so clear to me."
- Juliette Binoche

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the soundtrack? i dunno... the song that came into my mind was an electric guitar heavy fast instrumental song that usually goes with fast forwarded funny scenes.. hahha

congrats on the two boxes! i wonder how many boxes you're going to end up with.... hhhmmmm....

~quains (tinatamad nang mag-log in)