It's been quite a while since I last wrote a decent entry. T. Jen resurfaced a few days back and asked for my blog's URL coz apparently she's got some internet time on her hands. So now I have a reason to update this little space of mine, and recount what's been happening lately. But first, congrats to T.Jen and her new baby, Alexa Jeanina (spelling?). I hope to see you both soon! :) I'm sure liwat siya sako, hahaha :) miss you weekend buddy!
Today was quite a diversion from the stressful weekdays we seem to be having without end. As Queena says, we always do such girly things, especially those which were done way back in our tweens. Well we're never too old for that. :) Proof of that was today, declared as mall day for us, something we haven't done together on a weekend (coz we always take a trip to the mall during our 6-hour breaks!), or maybe we have but it's just been ages ago since we last did. Shiela and Kynan couldn't join us so we were literally a sisterhood. T. Des mentioned at breakfast earlier that The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants was a coming of age movie, and a sobfest at that, so we decided to check it out. I've been wanting to watch the movie since I'm an avid fan of the Sisterhood series, so I was really ecstatic when they all agreed to watch. It was a bonding movie, semi-Now and Then kind, and yes, we did sob (except for Queena who couldn't figure out which parts made us cry), and we could all somehow identify with the characters in the movie. We unanimously agreed that Shiela most resembled Tibby, who was an aspiring director and also quite eccentric, Yda was Lena (haha, afraid to love ;p) and a bit of Tibby just because she wears black most of the time, Ciara was most like Bridget, the flirt and the first to "explore", just like how we predict things to be in the near future. (peace Ara! ;p) So Quains and I were like, "So we're both Carmen?!", the one with the family issues, etc. At one point maybe, but then again, we all have family issues. If I remember it right, Carmen got herself a cutie in the 3rd series, so I wouldn't really mind. Haha :) After the movie, we shopped some more, and I bought myself a new bag, a perfect pair for my Chucks! :) I love it! :) but I still want a new jacket, new flats, new slippers, new tops, new everything! Oh when will this end?!
The mall trip was fun except for the text messages that kept on coming in about the ICT Seminar and the LS report. I couldn't look around and check out the clothes coz I was glued to my phone which has become so annoyingly slow these days, makes it harder (and takes darn longer!) to text. Sometimes I just wanna shut my phone off and not open it for a week, or even just for a day. But then after that, I'd have to catch up and reply to all the messages so what's the use? Why have we all become so dependent with our phones? The wonders and blunders of technology.
It's so ironic how I'm ranting about technology and at the same time organizing the ICT Seminar. And I'm dying to get in a telco company at that. There are just those times when you wish life were simpler, so you could enjoy the things that really matter. Like shopping. Haha kidding. More like being with my favorite people.
Isn't life full of ironies? :)
No comments:
Post a Comment