Wednesday, February 13, 2008

indeed.

Got this from Trisha's blog. Never could have said it better.

==
From Tony Parsons' One For My Baby:

They are a long way from home.

Even if they have many friends here, even if they are happy in this city, they have their lonely hours. They don't have someone who is always there. They don't have to rush home to anyone.

They are all ultimately alone.
==

On some days I bask in the independence that I have, but on other days I long for the nagging, the everyday disagreements about the most unimportant things. My favorite teacher back in college would always remind us that there's a huge difference between being lonely and being alone. Indeed.

2 comments:

kimiicecream said...

there is a difference. totally agree with you. indeed. he he he. Hi pops i hope you are well and enjoying your year so far. i miss you and one of these days we can race on surprising each other with an email ;)

Pauline said...

i can't decide if i like the difference though hehe. hope you're doing good too kim, looking forward to catching up soon!