The traditional DS "Welcome Back" GA was held earlier, and surprisingly, in a lot of ways, it was very un-traditional.
I remember during the last few core meetings last year, it was always stressed that this year would have so many changes because of the move to Mateo. Lesser services, lesser funds, lesser people per shift, etc. But Cuads just had the right words to describe all the new changes. I can't remember what they were exactly, but the thought was having the company, the laughs, the jokes, complement the extra effort we had to put in to make everything work. And that's always what we did best. :)
The atmosphere was very casual, no stiffness whatsoever, and everyone seemed to be having a great time (issues na to dahil sa polo! ;p) For a time it crossed my mind - what if I never left the core? The core now is just so different from how we were before. Twin already warned me about this when I was already leaning more towards leaving, na super fun yung core now, I might regret not being part of it anymore. But as I think about it now, it's not really the position of authority, but the people who you work with. I guess I can still take hold of that, even as a member. I wouldn't think I'd be saying this but sobrang na-miss ko sila.
Talking to them during and after the GA reminded me of 2nd year, plain kwentuhan and having a lot of fun in that alone. No frills, no issues, just fun (I wanted to say pure fun but I'd be lying ;p)
Quains said earlier, "di mo talaga matiis no?" and I think she's right. This might be really cheesy, but there's this different kind of homey feeling I get when I'm in DS, when I'm with the people there. Kakaiba talaga sila. ;p
No comments:
Post a Comment