I had a quick but insightful talk with Trisha today about this relationships issue that's been bugging me for some time now. It's not the change that bothers me, but the fact that I'm actually okay with all the changes, even if they're leaning towards a different course. She says its perfectly normal since we all change, a major factor would be me not being the same person I was back in high school. Hmmmm. I agree, so much has changed since then. Bingo. I guess I just have to deal with the fact that everything changes, including me. And I should be reminded of the fact that not everyone can accept change easily. And I must not compare. But sometimes I just can't help it. Oh well. Going back to the fact that the Popi then is different from the Popi now, in more ways than one - I think this is what will guide me to find sense in the things I seem to have gotten all mixed up. Sometimes though, guilt just seeps through me, making me believe that I have responsibilities I've been running away from, that I'm somehow bound to be that friend, do those things expected of me. T. Jen told me she feels the same way now with one of her good friends way back from college. There's always that feeling of being responsible for that person, the need to be there right away, to still be that same person you were when both of you really got along. Where's the growth in that situation? Maybe that's really how things ought to be in some relationships. Sad but true. Again, as I learned in philo, lahat ng nagmemeron ay laging tumatakas. One can never take hold of something as it is because it always changes. It changes faster than you can even comprehend. Another challenge posed. Learning to live with how everything just changes rapidly before your very eyes. I continue to change as well but maybe because it happens too fast, or the mere fact that it happens to ME, I don't see it right away.
--
Thanks Jess for all the people who I've come across in one way or another. And I am all the more thankful for those who chose to stay behind :) love ya guys :)
"The only permanent thing in the world is change."
No comments:
Post a Comment